Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The best way to have a green home...

With all the talk in the media of green, it's exciting I must admit. I've been a fan of the green movement for a long time. I remember in high school going to the local thrift store and buying my clothes because I was freaked out about the landfill filling up with fashionable clothes. Which brings me to my next point, maybe we are forgetting one simple rule in the green world...reuse. The best place to reuse?? Buying an old home instead of building a new one and green it up. That's right..pimp my house green. Here are a few ideas...
  • Low VOC paints
  • Energy credits
  • Planting native species in the landscape
There are a ton of ways to be green in an old home. As a matter of fact, I think my house could use a little greening.

No comments: